Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Startin The Fire"

While browsing through my copy of the National Barbecue News (http://www.barbecuenews.com/) I have come across a monthly column written by George Hensler of "Who Are Those Guys" BBQ Competition Team (http://www.watgbbq.com/). In one of the monthly columns, George wrote about starting a competition team. Well, for the one or two of you who may have read the blog post that I wrote on "How to Start A Competition Team on a Shoestring Budget", I decided that I would read George's article about his book that he has written, "Startin The Fire".

While at the NBBQA Conference in Greenville, SC, I met George. George and I share three common bonds, we both love bbq,  we have both started our own bbq competition teams, and George is a retired law enforcement officer and I am still active. Anyway, I got a copy of "Startin The Fire" and I really took the time to sit down and read it from cover to cover. Now, let me stop here and tell you that other than law enforcement books and training related material, I cannot remember the time that I sat down with a soft copy book and read it from cover to cover. But, I really wanted to hear what George had to say about his experience and how I could relate to it. I was surprised to find that we had a lot of the same experiences.

So, what am I telling you? If you are serious about starting your own bbq competition team and you want to know what it is like, then grab yourself a copy of George's book and read it. And when you are through reading it, send him an e-mail and tell him that the Lawdawg told you about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment